Located on Gibbet Hill in Groton, Massachusetts
This beautiful structure was built in 1906 by General William Bancroft as a gift for his wife. Tragically, it caught fire during a 4th of July fireworks celebration in 1932 and left behind only the exterior walls.
These ruins are reachable by a path on the right side of the road shortly after passing Gibbet Hill Grill. It’s a little bit of a hike up the path but the views of the town below are worth it, especially during fall.